Sunday, April 15, 2012

Introduction to Mudbox 2012

The tutorial gives you the basic smoothed mesh and it is your job to use the tools of Mudbox to give the dragonfly detail.  I am almost through the course.  I have still have been having troubles with Mudbox crashing and sometimes I am not able to get things exactly the way the instructor wants.  Here is what I have so far.

I cut into the soft mesh to make the dragonfly look like it had it's insect shell,  I also used the sculpt tool to add detail to the mesh,


added some spiky hairs to the body,


added lighting to the scene,


painted a base color,


and then I painted a second layer of color.


This next part took a long time.  I probably spent about 8 hours just working on the last few videos.  I had to get on 3 different computers and Mudbox kept crashing over and over again.  I also lost some of my data and had to redo parts because files got corrupted.






I was finally able to finish to the best of my abilities and create this:


In the end I wasn't able to put the hexagonal pattern over the eyes because the Window's side didn't have Photoshop and then when I switched to the Mac side to try and put the pattern on it wouldn't let me export it to Photoshop.  I'm glad I am finished, but maybe I can get someone to help me find a way to put the pattern on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment